Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

How To Actually BE The Church.....


When you are an active follower of Jesus Christ, you need to remember that you are "on call."  Do you notice how I said an "active" member?  There are many people that claim to follow Christ, but you can tell by their lifestyles that they clearly have no fruit being produced, in Christ Jesus.  What is the point of going to Church if we don't act out what we are taught?  There is no point to be "seat filler" and an observer of the Word.  We need to be ACTIVE participants.  This is not easy to do for us, and do you know why that is?  Because if we are not in the Word enough or on guard, then we miss Divine Opportunities.  God has divine appointments scheduled for us each day, and there are so many times we miss these appointments.  I am not just writing this message to everyone, but I am writing it to myself as well.  If we do not seek God daily and first in our life, then we can easily be out of touch with him, to where we do not hear him. I am going to share something that I just experienced recently, and I was caught off guard and missed a Divine Opportunity.  I was working and a man came in and asked to speak to the Manager.  I heard him ask the Manager if there was any extra work that he could do because he and his girlfriend were homeless.  The Manager was not able to help him and the man turned around and said: "God Bless."  One of my co-workers ran out and gave the man some money.  My first thought was "Shoot, I don't have any money on me, but I do have my lunch."  As I was thinking of what I could do, the man had already left.  I literally missed a Divine Opportunity where I could of gave the couple my lunch, and I could of prayed for the couple.  I felt so bad and I got upset with myself because the point of me going to church is to BE the church and actually apply it.  Here I was caught off guard and did nothing!!!  I had to repent to God because I acted too late, and I had to actually forgive myself.  I told my Husband what had happened and we both prayed for the couple.  My husband and I are in agreement to hold each other accountable of when there is a Divine Appointment.  I have prayed to God for enlightenment, so next time I will not miss another opportunity.  We need to learn how to stay on guard and be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.  Here I was busy for a moment and that is when I missed out on blessing someone.  The reason I am writing this blog is to enlighten everyone to keep seeking God and to keep their eyes and ears open.  Do not be like the world and turn people away or look the other way.  Learn how to be bold for God and pray for others and be Jesus to others.  Many people shake their heads and say : "Wow, that is too bad."  No!!! Let us pray for that person, let us find a way to bless that person!!!!  We need to act as Jesus would and BE Jesus!!!  I am preaching to myself and to everyone else.  Stay on guard and be in the Word.  Expect God to place specific people in your path.  I am going to say a prayer at the end of this blog that you can say along with me.
 Heavenly Father, help me to stay on guard and to look out for Divine Appointments.  Place specific people in my life God, and help me minister to them about your Son Jesus Christ.  Open my eyes and ears Lord.  You have blessed me Father, so I will bless others in your name!!  Thank you Jesus for dying for me, and for loving me.  Help me to love others the way that you love me.  I pray all of this in your Sons precious name, Jesus. Amen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment