Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

What Do You MAKE Time For?

Being social beings we need to interact with others in order to thrive and survive.  I remember when I was a child in school and I heard a study that a teacher told me about two babies being involved in an experiment.  One baby was left alone and only fed/changed when needed and the other baby was held and touched and nurtured and that baby was the one that thrived.  God designed us from the very beginning to be social beings.  So with this being said, we are very busy people.  We are very busy with family, friends, work, physical activities, etc.  If we don't learn to be organized and scheduled, then we can miss out on alot of things that are important.  We have 24 hours in one day.  Everyone gets the same amount of time in one day.  Do you notice that some people seem to get more done in their day then others?  This is because they prioritize and make time for things that are important for them.  If you sit down and figure out what is a top priority for you, then you will schedule it "on purpose" to make sure it is done daily.  You can adjust your  morning schedule to make sure you get up early, or adjust your night schedule and stay up late.  This is something we should all do because we can become easily overwhelmed and distracted from day to day.  So the point of this blog is this:  What do you make time for? What is important to you? What do you schedule to do on purpose everyday?  We need money to survive so most of us have to make that a priority so we can have food/shelter/clothes/water/heat etc.  So this would be on the list then.  I know everyone honors their family members, so that is also important to each person.  It is important to have quality family time daily with our loved ones.  Maybe some people don't have family members around them or living today.  Then close friends would be a priority to spend time with daily.  Now my next question is this:  Do you need to write down on your list "Make sure I eat food today?"  No!! This is something that is a natural reaction.  Our stomach let's us know that it is time to eat, or our body will let us know that our energy is down and that it is time to fuel up.  This goes the same with Jesus Christ.  The majority of people today go around on "empty" and don't even know that they are "hungry for God."  They walk around this life looking for things to fill their void, but go from one thing to the next.  God designed us to be in fellowship with him and be intimate with him DAILY.  So when we don't do this, we are not functioning properly the way we need to in order to thrive.  I have heard friends of mine give me countless reasons why they don't go to church.  The excuses I hear are: I'm too busy; I work; I was out late on Saturday;Church is boring; I don't get anything from it; It's my only day off so I want to rest; Not enough time; etc.  If Jesus and Church were important to you, then it would be your top priority and you would make time for it.  If there was an important football team playing or even an important music artist in town, I am sure you would organize your whole schedule just so you could go.  Do you ever see grown men saying "Wow, I am just so busy that I don't have time for football on Sunday?"  No!!!! People MAKE TIME for events, because they get pleasure from them and find them to be a priority.  This principle goes hand in hand with Jesus.  People don't make time for Jesus because he isn't important to them.  They think just because they went to church when they were young, or even go two times a year (Easter/Christmas) then they are covered.  This is a trick the enemy plays on people, and they fall for it every time.  He keeps us busy, and overwhelmed.  This is why it is so important to sit down and ask yourself, what is important to make time for.  If it isn't set from the beginning, then it can be missed.  This life is temporary so this earth will pass away along with all of the people and all of their things.  What do you have waiting for you in eternity?  What are you going to be able to say when you stand before God and his throne?  Were you a true disciple of Jesus Christ? Did you have Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Did you truly love God?  People can say they love God, but their lifestyles will truly show if they love him with all of their mind, soul and heart.  So I encourage you, sit down today and make a list.  Make time for Jesus!! Schedule it daily with him!!! Our creator created us to make time for Jesus!!! Let's begin to thrive as a society!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Totally true! Makes me want to re-prioritize my schedule!! I always think to myself, dang, I haven't been able to study the Word at home lately and I feel bad. But you are right, it is all about how you prioritize your day. This pumps me up to make a new schedule for myself! Good point Katy!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebekah- That is awesome that you got so much from this post!! No joke, I was just typing this, and the Holy Spirit was leading me so he put this on my spirit for a reason, and it must of been for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete