Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yes Be Yes & No Be No.......

Hello Brothers and sisters, I wanted to do this blog post on two Bible verses that are found in Matthew and James.  Matthew 5:37 says: All you need to say is simply "Yes" or "No"; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.



So this means that when we start to elaborate on anything after that then we know that the enemy is present in our lives and fully working.  Many times as humans we have a hard time of just saying "Yes" or "No."  We feel we need to explain ourselves, justify why we can or cannot do something, and feel we owe others reasons.  I have noticed recently if someone asks me to do something and I give a one word answer, they are looking at me further as if I need to explain why I can or cannot do it.  We need to remember that we are God pleasers and not people pleasers.  At times I have found myself having to explain myself to others and see that I am trying to be a "people" pleaser and that I need to stop doing that.  My husband and I have learned through trial and error that if someone asks us to do something instead of us saying an answer right away, we say that we need to go home and look at our schedule and then we will let them know.  This way we are able to go home and look at our schedule and discuss with one another to see if we are able to do it or not.  The next bible verse that explains this is James 5:12.  In James 5:12 it says: Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear-not by heaven or by earth or by anything else.  All you need to say is a simple "Yes" or "No."  Otherwise you will be condemned.

Many times you hear people say in a figure of speech that they "swear to God."  This is taking Gods name in vain and cursing him.  The only time you should mention Gods name is when you are giving him praise and praying to him.  His name is Holy and shouldn't be tossed around in figure of speech.  This verse explains again that all we need to simply say to one another is Yes, or No.  It really is that simple, so many times we complicate things because we feel we are too sophisticated at times, but the truth is that Jesus makes it simple for us.  He loves us and doesn't want to complicate the truth so he keeps it simple, so every person can understand.  
So this blog post was very short and to the point, think before you speak and understand that when you elaborate on things, that the enemy is present and working.  Let your Yes be Yes, and your No be No!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment