Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

When You Are Hanging On By A Thread, Make Sure It's The Hem Of His Garment......

I found a posting of this statement....

When You Are Hanging On By A Thread, Make Sure It's The Hem Of His Garment!




This brought me back to a story in the Bible and I want to share it below:

Luke 8:43-48

And there was a woman who had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians, she could not be healed by anyone.  She came up behind him (Jesus) and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased.  And Jesus said, "Who was it that touched me?"  When all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the crowds surround you and are pressing in on you!"  But Jesus said, "Someone touched me, for I perceive that power has gone out from me."  And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and falling down before him declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed.  And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace."

How many times in our life during times of struggle can we honestly say we reach out for his garment?  It seems we are always reaching for everything else, BUT his garment.  We reach for Doctors, Friends, News, Family, Medicine, Etc.

We were not meant to go through this life in constant struggle.  We were never meant to go through it alone.  We need to take the spirit of pride and throw it down by the waist-side.  We are over-comers by what Jesus has done.

Whatever/Wherever you need fulfillment in your life, reach out for his garment.  Have that faith (as small as a mustard seed) as the Bible says.  Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

This blog post is for myself today.  Many times I feel the effects of life beating me down and I feel discouraged.  Sometimes I may even get more discouraged than others because I already know where my help comes from.  My help comes from the Lord above, he is the Maker of Heaven and Earth.  I have knowledge of this, so when I am not reminding myself of this, I only have myself to blame.

There are others in this world that do not know Jesus, and do not know what the Bible says.  They are truly walking in darkness and let their desires dictate their footsteps.

Whatever you are going through, may this message inspire you.  Reach for his garment!! Hang on his garment during the struggle!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment