Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Language Please.....

The Bible Verse that changed my life was James 3:10.  The verse says "Praise and Cursing come out of the same mouth.  My brothers, this should not be."  I read this verse in James and God made this verse literally jump off of the page.  At this time I didn't watch how I would speak and would say whatever came to mind.  If I was happy then I would say happy things, and if I was mad, then I would say mean things.  I stopped and meditated on this verse and asked myself: "What is this verse saying to me?"  I was able to interpret it like this.  We only have one mouth and one tongue.  We cannot have two things coming out of the same mouth.  We can choose one or the other, we cannot do both!  I can either Praise OR Curse.  Like I have just said, you CANNOT do both, it is one or the other.  I decided from that point on that I would CHOOSE to speak Praise.  I want to Praise God and give God glory and not curse him.  I also do not want to curse others.  It is very easy to be driven by the flesh and speak whatever comes to mind.  I was one of those people that was VERY outspoken and spoke my mind to the full extent.  Like I have said earlier, this verse literally changed my life.  I know that God revealed this verse to me because I was not walking in obedience and he wanted to get my attention.   It is about making a choice and sticking to it, no matter WHAT!!!!  Today can be the day to where you decide no more!! Today could be the day to where you decide you either give Praises or Curses.  You can no longer do both, you have to choose one!  You know have been enlightened with the Word of God, so the Holy Spirit has now made this verse come alive to you!!!  I pray that this verse changes your life like it did for me.  We need to remember that we are all in this faith walk together and as brothers and sisters we need to lift one another up and share with one another enlightnment and struggles.  Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment