Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Vitamin Power.....


It is official, I am getting in "Training Mode."  For those of you who follow my blog then you would already know that I just recently completed my first 5K run.  This was a goal of mine ever since I have had my two children, and I worked really hard to be able to accomplish it.  I lost 21 lbs training for my 5k and did a great run!!  I am about to begin in June for 5 months of training for my first Half-Marathon (13.1 Miles).  I am making sure that I train the right way and I am taking it very seriously.  I am going to make sure I am eating right, drinking enough water, training, and taking the right vitamins.  I am starting my training plan June 1 and will be training for 5 months, and my Half-Marathon is in November.  I have now just recently started taking vitamins and drinking lot's of water each day.  I have posted a picture below of what I am taking.  For those of you who personally know me, know that I do not take vitamins daily.  I have never been good at taking them daily and I usually forget for days at a time.  I am purposely setting them up like this on my counter in the kitchen so I remember to take them.  I am going to go over a brief description of what I am taking and why I am taking them.


Pink Bottle (on the left)- This water bottle I purchased at Publix and I loved it when I saw it.  It has the measurements on the side of the water bottle, so you are able to visually see how much water you are drinking each day.  It makes it easier to keep track, and it also comes with a pamphlet that let's you know for your body weight how much water you should be drinking.  For my weight I am supposed to drink 24 oz of water 3 times daily.  So I am able to fill it up and see how much I drink and track it that way.
Nature Made (Fish Oil)- I purchased all of the vitamins at Publix.  This is 1000mg and 300mg Omega-3.  Fish Oil is very good to take because it reduces Coronary Heart Disease. There are two "disease fighting" ingredients found in fish oil and they are called docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid.  You are helping protect yourself against heart disease, and also help arm yourself from colon cancer and breast cancer. I take 2 of these a day.  It is important that you get the "Burp-Less one."  I have acid reflux and usually when I take these I am burping up fish all day long (I know it is disgusting to visualize) but that is the main reason why I could never take these on a daily basis.  I hated having that taste in my mouth all day long, so I found these, and I no longer have that problem.

Sundown Naturals (Natural Oyster Shell Calcium)- This is 1000mg with Vitamin D3.  This promotes Bone and Immune Health.  Calcium helps the heart and nervous system by maintaining a regular heart beat and assisting with the transmission of nerve impulses.  It helps build and maintain good bone health and is essential for teeth, blood, and muscles.  I have always known as a women that it is super important to take calcium because it strengthens the bones.  There are times in old age where you see some women have brittle bones and hunched backs and a good way to fight against that is to make sure you take enough calcium.  I take two tablets a day. 
Sundown Naturals (High Potency B12)- This is 1000mg and this promotes energy metabolism.  The B vitamins play a role in energy metabolism in the body.  This is essential for the normal formation of blood cells and contributes to the health of the nervous system.  I take one tablet a day. 
Women's One A Day (Pro Edge)- This is a multivitamin for active women and has high levels of B-Vitamins which help your body convert food to energy.  The Pro Edge helps support Immune Health with Vitamins C, A, and E.  It also has bone support with Calcium and Vitamin D.  I take one tablet a day.
Sundown Naturals (High Potency Vitamin C)- This is 500mg and this promotes healthy immune function.  Vitamin C is very important in building your immune system.  I usually get sick and then start taking Vitamin C.  By that time it is too late, so it is important to daily take Vitamin C, so you can build your immune system up to fight against sickness.  I take one tablet a day.

This is everything that I am taking in order to arm myself for the intense training for the next 5 months.  I start working out June 1, but I am starting  my vitamins now along with my recommended water intake.  I hope this information is helpful and I hope it inspires you to start taking vitamins and including them in your daily diet!! I will keep you posted with my training routine and let you know how it is going!!    


No comments:

Post a Comment