Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Giving....

This blog post is going to be right to the point, and it is going to be based off of:
Matthew 6:3- But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.  This means that we are to BE Jesus and reach those in need and not be telling everyone what we have done.  Many people do things just because they want others to see that they are "good people."  When people do things they like to run to others and tell them what they did, so they can be praised for their acts.  We need to remember that we serve an audience of one.  God sees everything and we should do things for him and for him alone.  So what are you doing for others?  Do you look for opportunities or do you look to see if others are watching?  Do you give because you feel obligated to do so, or do you do it because your heart tells you so?  We are to help one another and look for opportunities to bless others.
I have found myself in several situations to where I start having a conversation with myself.  I see someone that needs help, and I ask myself "What can I do to help them right now?"  I then pray and say out loud "What would Jesus do?"  I know that I am a disciple and if Jesus was here as a human right now, what would he do in this situation?  After I have this conversation with myself I then am reminded of my purpose here on earth.  I am called to be a fisher of men and I am to do it through the love and mercy that Jesus has showed me.  I thank God for the opportunity and make sure to do something and never brag to others what I have done for that day.  I serve an audience of one, and I do it for him!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment