Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Friday, July 25, 2014

I Run Because........

I Run Because........ God has blessed me with the ability to do so.  I know that it is a blessing to be able to walk and get around with no complications.  I understand what a tremendous blessing this is, and I do not take it for granted.  It is a blessing to be able to step outside and go for a run.  Have I always enjoyed running?  The answer is: No!!!  Do I still have days to where I complain?  Yes!!!  Running has NEVER been easy for me.  I am 5'2 and I have short legs so to go for a long run is difficult for me.  The motivation for me running started after I completed my first 5K.  I then signed up for a Half-Marathon that I am doing in November of this year.  I like the fact that I have a goal that I can keep my eyes set on.  Regardless how I "feel" that day in November will come around whether I like it or not, and I will have to do it.  It helps me stay focused on my training plan, because I see my end goal.


Last night I was doing my night run and I became overwhelmed with how blessed I am.  I was out running in the neighborhood and I was able to do it in complete safety.  I know right now in Israel people are running for a different reason.  People are running to shelters for their safety and running to save their lives.  Here I am able to run for my enjoyment and have it be a pleasure.  I then saw flashes of lightning in the night time sky, and I was able to enjoy the beauty of nature.  It reminded me how blessed I am because I do not have to see flashes of lightning in the sky and worry about bombs and attacks like Israel is experiencing right now.  Many times in our country we can become so "sheltered" to where we just focus on what is happening in our state, city, and country.  I would be shocked if people in my age group even knew what is going on in other countries.  Many people around my age are worrying about the latest IPhone that is coming out, or the latest movie that is about to hit the screen,  People get so consumed with themselves to where they hardly even look up to see what is going on outside of their "circle of friends and influence."


I have found out that during my nightly runs that is the time where I have my intimate one on ones with God Almighty.  I honestly believe he prefers this time during my run because he knows that I am stepping outside of my "comfort" zone because I already do not like running, so it is me denying my flesh and pressing through it.  It seems that it gets me closer to him because I am denying my flesh during my running.  I listen to my music and the Holy Spirit is speaking to me and I receive enlightenment and revelation.  This past week I had two experiences during my runs to where God spoke to me boldly.  This week I taught a class in church and I had my material already prepared, and the Holy Spirit let me know that I was supposed to teach on something entirely differently.  The phrase I kept hearing was "They aren't getting it."  I kept asking questions to understand what was being said, and I received enlightenment and was able to go home and sit down and prepare the lesson that he wanted me to teach on.
The purpose for this blog post is to remind you that you ARE blessed!!!!  Do not take anything for granted, and turn it all right back around to God and Praise Him!!!!!  Every good and perfect thing comes from him above!!!  Educate yourselves and find out what is going on in the world, outside of your neighborhood.  Get in battle and get on your knees and pray for people and countries around the world!!  Step out of your comfort zone and have one on ones with the Lord Almighty!!!  God WANTS to speak to you, but it is up to you to make the time for him!!  I pray that this blog post speaks directly to your heart to where change starts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment