Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Friday, March 29, 2013

My first book review....Altar Ego

I am very excited to report that I have just completed my first book review as a critic.  The book I chose to read was Altar Ego, by Craig Groeschel.  This was the first time I have ever heard of this author and was excited to see his style.  The premises for this book goes into detail of how we have "our" egos and that Jesus died to give us more than what we are used to.  We settle for less and get caught up in this world with our bondage and think that this is all we have in this life.  This book gives a reminder of what Jesus died for us to have.  He goes into great detail of the characteristics we should have as a believer in Christ Jesus. He lays out these traits to where you can make them your own traits and start applying the thought process right after you read them.  He shares funny stories that will have you laughing out loud.  I found myself highlighting and underlining things in this book that I didn't want to forget later on.  I would highly recommend this book to others.  It is simple enough to read for someone who doesn't know the Word of God.  This book is a little over 200 pages, so it isn't alot to read.  I am happy I chose this book to review, because I now have a brand new author to add to my "favorite" list of authors now.  I encourage you to check out this book and see what it really means to have an "Altar Ego."

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Read Craig's book The Christian Atheist. I hadn't heard of him either, but I won the book from one of his church's pastors. Fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was a fabulous book. Wow that sounds like a good book you read too!!!

    ReplyDelete