Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Bible (Part 2)

I started to write a blog on the new series on The History Channel, "The Bible."  I wrote about the first episode in my blog, and now I am writing one on the second episode.  In this episode you see Joshua conquer Jericho, the betrayal of Delilah of Samson as the Israelites battle the Philistines, and David is anointed King.  You see the Bible story played out when Saul becomes angry and jealous over David conquering Goliath, and then when David was on the top you see him fall into be heavily seduced by Bathsheba.  I really look forward to each episode because I never know what scenes they are going to focus on from the Bible.   It is fun to identify the characters and see how they act out the scenes.  In this particular episode I really enjoyed seeing the "David and Goliath scene." It was very powerful to see how confident David was in the Lord because he knew he was blessed and anointed.  Another part that spoke to me was seeing David become King and he was doing it Gods way and then all of a sudden you see Satan playing into his weakness by having a naked women bathing on top of a roof.  You look at our society today and I believe that if men today saw a naked women bathing on top of a roof, it would be hard for them to turn away.  This is something the enemy knows, and will play into.  Then enemy uses lust, temptation and sex to rip people away from God and get off Gods path.  This is why we must pray daily to be guarded with Gods love and protection.  To guard our eyes, ears, and heart.  Here with David it all started with one glance, and then lust began, and then he acted on it, got her pregnant, had her husband killed, and then lost Gods blessing, and their son died.  Here this ALL started with one look.  I will put a copy of the times and schedules below so everyone can see the repeat of this episode.  I  hope everyone is enjoying this series as much as me and my family. 
Upcoming Airings:
  • March 13, 2013 - 09:00-11:02PM
  • March 14, 2013 - 01:01-03:03AM
  • March 17, 2013 - 06:00-08:00PM

No comments:

Post a Comment