Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Two things that happened this week, that I feel God wants me to share

There are two things that happened this week that I feel I am supposed to share in this Blog.  First and foremost, when you have Jesus as your Savior and you pick up your cross and follow him, you know become a disciple of Jesus Christ.  This means that we now must die to our selfish /flesh desires and do what Jesus wants us to do.  What is that you ask?  We are to spread the Gospel of Jesus to others.  You don't need a degree to do this, or to know the entire bible, you can just show love and actually BECOME love.  Express love to others and actually put others before yourself.  My first point that I wanted to share was this:  In my prayer time I always pray for divine appointments.  I want God to place specific people in my path, I want to help others, and if someone can help me then that is amazing too.  My husband and I have our routine (anyone that has children knows that you have a routine that is concrete proof to where the schedule is always predictable)  Well we have our routine to where we get in the cycle of going through the motions at times.  Well this week we were doing our routine and all of a sudden I met a lady that I had never met before.  We just had small talk and the small talk started to get deep.  Well this lady started sharing personal details with me and started to tell me that she is having the most difficult time.  Right away I knew that this was a divine appointment that I have been praying for.  I listened, gave advice here and there, told her I would pray for her, and actually had the opportunity to give her scripture.  I share this not to tell everyone how great I am and how awesome I sound.  I share this because this was ALL GOD RIGHT HERE.  He did this, not me.  I prayed for it, he gave it to me, and i was obedient and was aware to see it.  At times we get so caught up in ourselves and routines that if we are not careful we can miss divine appointments to where we need to really stop and talk with one another.  So next time, keep your eyes open because you never know who God is going to put in your path.  My second point is this:  There are people in this world who have disabilities.  Something happened this week where I honestly need to share this because this didn't sit right in my heart.  There is someone with a disability that I see on a regular basis and it is in a public place to where everyone knows everybody.  Well I honestly look forward to seeing this person because this person is so sweet, never is rude, innocent, just as kind as can be.  I know this person is going to be greater than me in the kingdom of Heaven because this person is just that amazing. Well I saw this person this week and I was in the middle of conversation with someone else, and this person came up to me and I started talking to them.  As I was talking to this person, I could see the person that I was talking with prior, was giving me "a sarcastic look" almost like (Yea this person is annoying, just get away from me, etc)  This literally broke my heart because the thought that ran through my mind was : Do you think just because you were born healthy, and this person has a disability, that you are better than this person?  God doesn't make mistakes in his creation.  I share this message because at times we can get in this mindset that we are better than others, because maybe we were blessed in one area more than someone else.  EVERYTHING comes from God above.  We didn't create ourselves, so why do we think we are entitled?  So please take these two principles I shared with you, and apply them.  These are two principles that could actually improve your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment