Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Iron Girl Race Day.....



Today is the day for my first 5k!!!  I am so excited to run this "Iron Girl 5K!"  I have been training for it and running outside to get ready for this event.  I have two goals for this 5K and they are: 1) To run without walking and 2) To finish in 40 minutes!!  So these are the two goals that I am focused on!!!
Scroll down below to see my journey :)






Arrived at 6am on Race Day!!!

Standing by the Start Line!!

Ready...Set....Go!!!!

Throwing up "deuces" for the Hubby!!!

I was pumped to start the run and was full of energy!!


Approaching the Finish Line!!!




Finished Strong!!!!!


My Hubby was there to support me!!! I saw him at the Starting Line and Finish Line cheering me on!!!




My Results Below:

I finished in 30:17!!!! My goal was 40 minutes and I finished Before my goal time!!!  I kept a pace of 9:47 minute/mile.  In my division of ages 30-34 I placed 54 place out of 336 women in that age range.  My overall place was 296 out of 2,410 women!!!

I had the best time doing this experience and my husband and I actually held eachother and cried together at the finish line.  I had so many emotions going through my mind because I remember months ago when I signed up for this race and I was out of shape and heavier and could barely run.  My goal after having my second child was to do this race and not stop and finish in a good time.  I hugged my husband and we cried and the first thing I said to him was: "I didn't walk at all, not once did I walk at all!!"  I repeated that statement several times and we just hugged and cried.  Carlos is so proud of me because he has seen me from beginning to now!!!





































No comments:

Post a Comment