Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Friday, April 25, 2014

DILIGENCE....

The definition of Diligence-persistent effort: persistent and hard-working effort in doing something

Can you honestly say that you seek God diligently? I am currently reading in Acts and I am seeing the true definition of "diligence" through Paul. He would hold lectures and daily discussion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ from 10-3 and he did this for two years. (Acts 19:9-10)

He then says in Chapter 20:22-24 that he is bound by the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit affirmed to him that imprisonment and suffering await him. He then goes on to saying: But none of these things move me; neither do I esteem my life dear to myself, if only I may finish my course with joy and the ministry which I have obtained from the Lord Jesus Christ faithfully to attest to the good news of God's grace.

He then says in verse 31 to be ALWAYS on alert and on your guard, being mindful that for three years I have never stopped night or day seriously to admonish and advise and exhort you one by one with tears.

What can you learn from Paul right here?
1) He made it his LIFE goal to share the Gospel of Jesus with each person he came in contact with.
2) He sacrificed his flesh and was crucified with Christ and lives FOR Christ. He put the cause of Christ Jesus ABOVE his own life!
3) He would pour into people so much that he did not care if it was day or night, he would even preach with tears in his eyes.

The last thing I want to share with everyone is in Acts 20:35
In everything I have pointed out to you that, by working diligently in this manner, we ought to assist the weak, being mindful of the words of the Lord Jesus, how He Himself said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Are you getting it yet? Are you reminded of how self involved we can be with our lives and wants and needs? We make such big deals out of things and we can learn here from Paul. Paul finally got "it" after he was Saved. He knew what it was like to TRULY follow Christ and die to himself DAILY. Read this post several times to remind you of the true definition of Diligence.


      For more posts like this please visit our Ministry Page:                     Young Couples/Singles 

https://www.facebook.com/carlosandkatynogales?ref=hl





No comments:

Post a Comment