Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014 Clearwater Half Marathon & 5K Iron Girl

I have just officially picked up my Running Bib, My Tracker, and My T-Shirt for the race on Sunday!!!!  This is my first race that I will be running after having my children and I feel empowered!!!  My Husband is coming with my on Sunday and will be cheering me on along the sidelines!!  We just found out that there is also an App on his phone that he can download to where he can track my number and see where I am at during this race.  

I am more excited and nervous because I want to do well and my goal is to run the entire race and not walk.  I honestly feel I will be able to do this, because of the training I have been doing in the past few months.

I did look at the Running Course and I found out that we are running over the "Memorial Causeway" which is a huge bridge that connects to "Clearwater Beach."  When I first saw the course map I started to laugh because I did not expect to be running over a bridge.  I actually called my Father for advice because he has ran in the NYC Marathon 8times and is a runner.  He gave me great tips on things to do while I am running, so I am going to apply those on Sunday.

Race Day is Sunday 4/13/14 at 7:30am.  My Husband and I are going to get there at 6am so we can park and get situated and I will have time to stretch and check-in.  

I will post pictures and updates after I complete my race!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment