Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

First Day With A Personal Trainer.....











I am very excited to report that I have started training sessions with a personal trainer, one on one.  My husband has been training with a personal trainer 2 days a week, and now his trainer is doing sessions with me, 2 times a week as well.  I had my first meeting last night at 815pm.  I can say that I was nervous because I didn't know what to expect and it has been years since I have lifted weights and did things like that.  I have been doing tons of cardio on my own, but haven't done any "gym" training.  I was excited that he was very nice and had such a pleasant personality.  He is very smart and has lot's of knowledge of the body and it was so nice to talk to someone that knows so much about health and fitness.  It is really nice to have that one on one time, so you can get your questions asked.  We discussed the areas that I wanted to work on, and we decided on a program.  We actually did arms/back for the first session and it was for an hour.  We started out with a cardio workout, then did a few other exercises (push ups/abs/jumping jacks/squats/etc)  I was then warmed up and we started the official workout.  I cannot even name all of the machines we did but by far my most challenging one was: bench press.  I started out with 30lbs, then 40lbs, then 50lbs.  I did so many reps to where my arms were shaking.  We then kept moving to other machines and I can tell you that it challenged me like never before.  I literally could not lift my arms to touch my head.  It helped that we could carry conversation in between and laugh about things, so it did take my mind off all of the hard work that I was doing.  It did give me confidence when he said that he could tell I was an athlete and that I had good form while doing the exercises.  It is now the day after and my arms are sore but I am surprised that I can lift them up and handle it ok.  I am excited for this new journey that I am able to do, and cannot wait to see the results and feel stronger.  I know with the training I do on my own, and now with the personal trainer 2 times a week, that I am on my way to being healthy and strong.  Thursday is my next session and we are doing all lower body.  I would HIGHLY recommend looking into a Personal Trainer to start training with.  It helps you have someone smart plan things for you and to help you do the right form so you will get the best results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment