Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Humbled Once Again.....

Yesterday was Memorial Day and the majority of everyone had this holiday off.  Well we decided to have a family day by taking the kids out to breakfast, then to the Park and then go have ice cream.  It was such a beautiful day so it was great to be outside as a family enjoying it.  This day was very special to me because it made me acknowledge my father who served as a Lt. Colonel in the Army, to where I had to call him and tell him thank you, for his sacrifice and time served for our country and family.  We parked our car and were on the way to the park and we saw these two nurses helping these to people that were severely handicapped. It was a man and a woman who had to have been in there 40's.  I watched these two nurses help this man and woman walk over to a park bench to sit down.  As I got closer I saw that the man was wearing an adult bib.  As soon as I saw this, I broke down into tears and began to cry.  I came up close to the nurses and told them that this is the most beautiful thing I have seen and thanked them for what they are doing for this man and woman and blessed them twice for their hard work and their generous hearts.  God always finds a way for me to thank him and to humble me once again.  So many people wake up able to see, hear, walk, talk, get dressed, etc.  These are things we need to thank God for each day.  There are people who don't know what it is like to wake up and have these gifts.  There are people who need help just doing the basic motions that so many of us do daily.  I thought to myself after seeing this man at the park, "Wow, God  here I have a 9 month baby that needs a bib, and here there is a 30-40 year old man that needs a bib as well."  It broke my heart because I know that men need to feel like men, and want to feel mighty and all powerful and independent, and here this man has to drop his pride down and ask for help on a daily basis.  It was remarkable to see this on Memorial Day and I thanked God for letting me see this because it moved me beyond words.  So please thank God right this very moment for everything you are able to do daily.  Do not take any of those things for granted because there is someone that can't do what you do.  I hope this opened your eyes the way it did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment