Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Second Book Review: Prayer Warrior Mom



For my second book review I chose to review "Prayer Warrior Mom" by Marla Alupoaicei.  This book really is geared towards mothers who want to develop a stronger prayer walk for their children.  It teaches you how to be bold as a mother, and gives you the best tools to succeed at it.  As being a mother myself, I sometimes struggle with taking the authority I have in Jesus, and covering my children in it.  I have always made a point each night to shower my children with prayer, and show how important Jesus is in our lives.  This book equips you with tools and prayers so you are able to cover your children in different areas for spiritual warfare.  Marla talked about a phrase in this book that I actually made an art project about.  She says that she saw a saying at a store and it read "Being a Mother is A Holy Privilege."  I thought that was so powerful, because so many mothers just look at it as a job or work.  There are also lot's of mothers in our world today, so it can become the "norm."  That saying reminded me that it is a true gift to become a mother.  God has blessed me and made me fruitful by bearing my children.  He has trusted me with raising these children.  Their lives are in my hands, and it is a holy privilege.  This book is designed to be read by reading one chapter a day.  This book is perfect for mothers who are busy, and only have time to read a few pages a day.  At the end of each chapter there is a prayer that you pray for your children.  The prayers were my favorite part because my husband and I would pray them out loud together.  I can honestly say that I feel stronger as a mother.  We all need to have our refresh courses and our reminders, and this book is one of those.  It reminds you that mothers have a daily duty, and that is to shower our kids in prayer and protect them and raise them up Gods way.  This is my first book by this author, and I am a fan.  I can honestly say that this book is in one of my top 5 now.  I read through this book once, and my plan is to read through it again each day, so I can really take my time and apply everything that is talked about in this book.  I highly recommend this book for all mothers.  You will feel Gods peace after reading this book.  You will also laugh and cry at the stories she shares in this book.  Towards the end of the book there was one story in particular that had me crying beyond belief.  I then had the experience of the Holy Spirit revealing an area in my life that I hadn't surrendered yet to God.  This book did that for me, and I feel that it could do that for others.  So gear up Mothers, it is time to take back what the enemy has stolen.  We need to get angry, and get our spiritual warfare on and fight for our children.  We need to fight for our families and husbands.  Join me in becoming a Prayer Warrior Mom.  (Below is the art project I made with the saying I found in the book)


No comments:

Post a Comment