Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The THREE F's........

My father always told me when I was growing up that the three most important elements in life are: Mental, Physical and Spiritual.  I decided to come up with my own saying for those three elements.  I am going to go into great detail into explaining my three F's. 


The First "F" is Faith.................. Now Faith is something that is learned in a long process.  You have to first give your life to the Lord and have him as Lord and Savior, then the process begins.  You will begin your walk with the Lord, and learn how to fall in love with Jesus.  You will go through many trials and tribulations but you will be able to endure them, because Jesus will NEVER leave you or forsake you.  You have this faith that is unshakable to where nothing can phase you.  You can strengthen your faith through the Word of God, attending Church to have fellowship with other members in the body of Christ, and to surround yourself with godly people.  This once again is a process, and we will never have this perfected until we are no longer here on earth.  This is the MOST IMPORTANT "F" out of all of them.  If you do not have this "F" then the other two don't matter.  So make this one a priority, and get a strong unshakable faith.








The Second "F" is Firm.................. Now the definition of "firm" is inflexible.  I chose Firm because our minds (mental) need to 
be right.  We need to be positive, and we need to educate ourselves.  Our society today has a way of "dumming" people down with the trash television shows on T.V, and the youth today think it is "cute" and "funny" to not be educated.  We need to have a firm mindset to where it is inflexible.  Now when you apply the first "F" then you will have the word of God in your heart, and mind to where when things happen, your mind will stay firm and set to where it is inflexible and you will NOT compromise.  You will not settle for less than Gods Best.  When negative thoughts come into our minds, we will be smart enough to know where they come from because we will have educated ourselves on who is the master behind those thoughts (Satan).  Once our faith is set, and our mind is set firm, then nobody can shake us.  Not even our thoughts can shake us.  Mental is one of the hardest of the three because we don't see these attacks coming.  One moment we are good, and the next minute this horrible thought enters our mind and then we have the choice to either: 1) accept it and buy into it or 2) rebuke it, and recite our faith and choose to be positive because we know we serve a greater God that HAS overcome.

The Third "F" is Fitness..................Now I didn't want to be one of those people who writes about something they have NO clue about, so I am going to put in some pictures and information to back it up.  I have played tennis since I was 5 years old.  In grade school I played all the sports I could: Volleyball, Basketball, Softball,  and Cheer leading.  When I got to high school I chose to stick to Tennis because that is my passion.  I was blessed to receive two 
tennis scholarships to two different schools for Colleges.
   

 In the second scholarship I was blessed to become a National Champion (2008).  We had an amazing team, and we worked hard on and off the court, and it payed off.  Now I was used to practicing 7 days a week, we only had off Sundays.  We played twice a day (morning, evening)  I know lot's of different workout variations, nutrition, stretches etc.  We had the best of the best coaches brought in to educate us and train us.  Well let's fast forward.... married and two kids later I have other priorities now to where the kids come first.  I am only 10lbs heavier than when I was before but my tone has been lost since I haven't kept up with the fitness.  Well just recently I got real with myself and had a "reality check."  I know what I like and what I don't like.  I am 5"2 so running has never been a strength for me, I have tried the video workouts, etc.  I finally found what works for me.  I am now taking care of my Fitness by doing "Speed Rope."  I have always been good at jumping rope because of Tennis, but now I am able to fully focus on this.  I highly recommend this to everyone, because to buy a jump rope is cheap, you can bring it with you anywhere, and when you do if for just 10 minutes at a moderate pace is the equivalent to running one mile in 12 minutes, cycling 2 miles in six minutes, swimming a quarter mile in 12 minutes, two sets of tennis or playing an 18-hole golf course.  So as you can see, it is very effective.  The more you do it, the better you get.  So the last "F" is very important to keep up with.  You can look around and see that the majority of our society is overweight and out of shape. This isn't because people choose this lifestyle, it is because they are busy and lack motivation of how to get back to being active.  Start doing walks every night with your family, do SOMETHING.  Once again God did not die to give us an ordinary life, do you think he wants us to have bodies that are out of shape? No, he wants us to be healthy with our faith, mind and body. So spend some time and get a plan started on how you can get the Three F's, into your everyday routine.  Just start SOMEWHERE!! I hope everyone got motivation from this message and that today is a brand new day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment