Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Labeling.....

People tend to put "labels" on things, or believe that even "labeling" yourself, that it says something about you.  People believe that if they say they are something, then they don't need to say anything futher, because that label should be enough of an explanation.  This to me is something the enemy is good at in deceiving people.  I cannot even begin to tell you on when you ask people certain questions and they give you an answer, and their actions or lifestyle doesn't match the "label."  The most perfect example is this:  People ask you what are you? What is your religion?  Then people give their "label" and think that says something about them.  To be honest, that is just starting to open the lid to a jar.  You haven't even gotten the lid popped off open yet, you haven't given the ingredients, how to make it, or even taste it yet.  It is just the tip of the icing (as some people might say)  People can ask me "Katy are you a Christian?"  My answer would be yes!!!  I can say it softly or scream it loudly, it really doesn't make a difference.  So that is just something I labeled myself  as.  Now the truth is do I live like a Bible Believing Christian?  Because if I am cursing, sleeping around with people, living with people before married, putting idols before God, now reading or praying, not actually being a disciple of Jesus Christ, then me saying I am a christian didn't say anything.  It is something I can write down or say out loud but it doesn't mean anything.  It is just a word.  My actions have to speak volumes.  I have to actually LIVE the life that Jesus talks about.  Growing up and still today I have friends that have their label as "catholic" and it just mind boggles me because I will say "oh so your catholic, so you go to church on sundays?"  The response is " I haven't been to church in months,  or that they only go on easter or christmas."  My first thought is who are you fooling?  Don't worry about trying to impress me, just don't lie to yourself to make yourself feel better.  The truth is if you really and truly believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins on the cross that your lifestyle would do the speaking for you and by your actions people would know what you are and what you believe in.  We should be so grateful for what jesus did for us, that it should just become second nature to us.  So instead of sounding all classy with your wording of what you believe in, actually look in the mirror and see how you talk, how you live, what your actions are, and stop lying to yourself.  Stop believing in the enemy, and open the Bible and see how you should be living as a follower of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment