Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Had a Revelation

I honestly believe what I am about to write was a revelation from the Holy Spirit.  I feel this applies best to myself and possible someone else.  I discovered Pinterest today (yes I know I am late on this discovery but i am busy 24-7 with kids)  so anyways I was blown away at this website and loved everything I saw.  I found the most amazing decorating ideas, health tips, beauty advice, etc.  People had the most amazing ideas on this website, it was hard for me to get off this website.  So anyways I copied a few pictures to reference with future projects which I will post when they are completed, and was really pleased with it.  Well later in the evening out of nowhere I started getting a revelation from the Holy Spirit that came from nowhere, so now I am going to share it.  I know alot of people are not going to agree with me, but if I feel it is from God, I am sharing.  (Freedom of Speech baby :) )  So here I was today looking for ideas, spending time on this website, and I was finding new ways to decorate etc, and it came to me:  We are not content with what we have.  The Lord has blessed us right now with what we have, where we live, the gifts, necessities, etc.  There are people that are homeless and  having real struggles and here I am on Pinterest looking at ways to "improve"where we live.  If the less fortunate saw where we lived, I am sure we would look like rich people, because we have everything we need.  Here I am not being grateful and here I am wasting time on this website looking at ideas when instead I could be praying for the less fortunate, doing something REALLY VALUABle with my time.  Why do we get so selfish? Why aren't we never satisfied?  I shut the website off and said to myself "I am happy with what I have, The lord above has blessed me, now it is my turn to bless others."  I know lots of people see nothing wrong with seeking ideas, but if you put it into perspective you could spend 30 mintues to an hour on that website, and here you could be doing something useful with your time, or trying to help someone that needs it, or praying for someone, salvations, etc.  So I had this whole idea hit me, and I wanted to write it down before I forgot it, because I truly feel I was given the enlightnment to share this.  So if you have all your necessities and the Lord has blessed you, don't keep searching for the "next best thing" our job is to not focus on the "here and now"  we have our eyes set on eternity and we only have a certain amount of time to reach souls.  So stop it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment