Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

My First Marathon is 2 Days Away..


My Marathon Is Rapidly Approaching!!

I am literally 2 days away from running my First Marathon!!  I am anxious and excited at the same time!!  It honestly is an adrenaline rush because I have no idea on how I am going to do for this race.  I had a training plan set up in advance that I was able to stick to for a month and a half.  The remaining 2 months have had so many complications and issues from: getting sick back to back, injured, diagnosed with vertigo, etc.  My longest run to date is 17miles, My goal was to run 22 Miles for my longest run, but 17 will have to do.  I have rested now and not run for a few weeks and this is because my right knee gets aggravated when doing long runs so my goal is to rest my muscles and joints as much as possible before the big race.  I want the freshest pair of legs for Sunday!! I debated back and forth whether or not to even attempt this race because I know I have not put in the proper training needed.  The athlete in me though would regret it if I didn’t at least attempt the Disney Marathon.  It would hurt me to see photos from the race that others posted because I would of known that I should have been there.  It is better to attempt the race and have zero regrets.  I want to enjoy and capture every single moment, and if I don’t finish it is ok because at least I followed through with it.  We leave for Orlando tomorrow 1/8/16 and we will be staying in a hotel for the weekend.  The expo event is at the ESPN Sports Complex in Orlando, and I am super excited to see all of the fun stuff they will have.  At this event I will pick up my race bib and race packet.  The plan for Saturday is to relax and take it easy at the hotel because Sunday Morning we will be waking up at 2:00am to get ready for the race because the Marathon starts at 5:30am.  I am excited that I will have my Polaroid Cube with me during this run so I will be doing photos and videos throughout the race.  I will make sure to write a detailed blog post on my experience (like I did for my Half-Marathon race)  If you want to read my experience for my Half- Marathon the blog post is listed here: 


My husband is amazing and has been my biggest supporter and my biggest fan!!! He has helped me in training by taking care of the kids so I could go workout and run.  I honestly couldn’t of done this without him.  My man will be by the sidelines doing updates and posts during the race.  I cannot wait to see him at the Finish Line!!!  I am so blessed to have him in my life and excited that I literally get to run to him!!!!


 I want to thank everyone that I follow on my Instagram account.  It is so inspiring to be able to see other men and women out there in the world living in different states, putting in some serious training.  It is always encouraging to see others putting in the work, and it always motivates me.  I also wanted to thank all of those that follow me on my fitness account on Instagram.  The support I receive is overwhelming and it helps me to know that there are people rooting for me and cheering me on.  I am grateful and appreciative for everything.


 This will be my last blog post before my race!! My next one will be after Sunday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment