Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday to Rafaela Rose!!!!

I cannot believe that you are officially a one year old today!  Where did the time go?  It feels like yesterday when your Father and I were going to the Hospital to meet you!  We were so excited to meet our baby girl, and now you are turning one year old!!  One year ago today I was 39 weeks pregnant with you and I was scheduled for a C-section on August 17th.  We had to go to the hospital at 6:30am to check in.  I remember we woke up that morning and took "last pregnant" pictures before we left because we were so excited.

We left to go to the Hospital and I remember the song that played on the radio that morning, "Good Morning" by Mandesa and Toby Mac.  Carlos made a quick run to the gas station to get a Gatorade and I was so nervous because we kept getting closer and closer to the Hospital.  We got all checked in and situated, we got to listen to your heartbeat and of course took lots of video in our room.  We sat and talked, watched T.V, listened to music, etc.  All of a sudden my Doctor came in the room and broke the news to us that he wasn't able to deliver our baby because there was some emergency that took our place and we got pushed back and he had to leave.  I honestly started to cry because I didn't want another Doctor delivering me, I really trusted my Doctor.  He did let us know the other Doctor on staff and Praise God that I already knew of her from when I had my first child.  She was a very sweet women and she would of been my back up doctor.  We had the nurse come in the room and tell us that Carlos had to get dressed in his scrubs and that they were going to take me into surgery.  I was having contractions with the baby and I was so scared because with my first baby I had to be knocked out since I could feel everything and I wasn't able to be awake when I delivered my first baby.  Also Carlos wasn't allowed in the room the first time because I had to be knocked out.  So I was nervous because I didn't want that to happen again, I wanted to have a "normal C- Section."  I got rolled back to Surgery and I watched everyone get ready.  It seemed like everyone was moving in slow motion and I began to panic on the inside.  I thought to myself "I can't do this."  I honestly felt that I couldn't do this because my fear was taking over me.  The anesthesiologist came in to give me my Spinal and that did not hurt at all.  The moment I got my medicine I felt a numb warming sensation travel down my entire body to where I no longer felt the contractions and I became REALLY comfortable.  I laid down on the table and closed my eyes and began to relax.  I looked to my right and my Husband was all dressed in his scrubs and he looked so handsome.  I felt at peace the moment I saw him next to me.  Carlos looked like a Doctor in his scrubs and it just made me realize all over again how handsome my husband is.  We began to make small talk because we were both nervous and I could feel my skin separating from the surgery.  I knew they were cutting me and that it was beginning.  It took a few short minutes and the Doctor told Carlos to stand up and watch if he wanted and to take pictures.  Carlos stood up and watched them pull the baby out.  I remember looking up at my Husband and hearing him say "Katy, she has ALOT of hair, Oh my Gosh!!!!"  I could hear the excitement in his voice and he was watching this happen.  I then heard 3 little cries and then I started to cry.  Her cry was the most beautiful cry I had ever heard.  Carlos then went over so he could cut the umbilical cord and he said that it was really tough to cut through.  In his mind he pictured it would be one quick snip, but the cord was tough and thick.
  


Rafaela Rose was born on 8/17/12 at 12:09pm at 8lbs!  Carlos brought her over to me all bundled up and I got to kiss her and smell her and meet my little girl.





I had to get stitched back up and then I got rolled back to the room where I got to spend time with my little girl and my husband.  We stayed in the Hospital for 3 days and Gabriel (her Big Brother) got to come and meet his sister too!!!  Gabriel spent time with her and loved her but you can tell he didn't understand fully.
We have our little family of 4 that God has blessed us with!  Here today she is 1 years old and she is as beautiful as ever and growing perfectly.  We are so blessed and thankful to where we are going to have an entire family day today and have presents and cake for her tonight.  We are just in Awe of Our Creator and what he has blessed us with.  Happy Birthday my beautiful baby girl, Rafa!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment