Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Depression....


Depression is an illness that many people face today in our world.  What inspired me to write this blog was the fact that Robin Williams took his own life recently and reports say that he was seeking help for depression.  Many people might have a hard time relating to Depression and not understand why he felt that he needed to take his own life.  I can relate with this to some degree on my own level because in the past, I suffered with depression.  It goes in waves and goes from good/bad/normal/worse/etc.  In depression you are only focused on how you feel and only thinking of yourself.  Thinking of other people (family, friends) really doesn't seem to matter when having an "episode."  You can only think of how bad things are and magnify all of the negative.  It is extremely hard to come out of depression because you have no strength.  It literally wears your entire body down and you do not feel like doing ANYTHING!!  The thought of going outside or going somewhere, is no where in site.
 How Did I Beat My Depression???????
I struggled with this for MANY months!!!  I could go for weeks and be fine and out of nowhere, it would hit me and I would be in a dark place immediately.  During my episodes, I literally had to force myself to start talking to the Lord and tell him how I am feeling.  The moment I started talking to him about it, I felt like I was getting it off my chest and I knew that I wasn't being judged because he already knew what I was feeling.  I then would ask him for help and I asked him for his strength and his peace because I had none on my own.  I would find certain scriptures in the Word that I would read out-loud and cling to.  When I was done with my "episode" I would then be thinking clearly and start to repent to the Lord for Idolizing myself and putting my feelings and thoughts above his.  I was thinking so selfishly that I wasn't thinking about anyone else.  Here the Lord has blessed me with so many things and a beautiful family, and here I am complaining and not being grateful.  After every single episode I would immediately repent because I could see how selfish I was being.  I started day and night to give a list of the things that God has blessed me with, and I would say out-loud what I was thankful for.

The Key Ingredient In Beating Depression For Christians...........
This next paragraph here is for Christians because people that do not have Jesus as their Lord and Savior will not understand this part because they are deceived, and it will go right over their head.  You can see in the Bible that EVERYTHING revolves around Spiritual Warfare and Battle in the places that we do not see.  In 2 Timothy 1:7 it says "For you did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind."
Did you see that "Fear" is called a "Spirit?"  It is not from God, but from the enemy.  We can see places in the Bible where demons have "names" and where Jesus would call these demons out of people.  Depression is a Spirit!!!!  This is not from God, and you DO NOT have to live in this bondage.
Once I grasped this concept, I knew my authority in Jesus Christ, and I would rebuke it and plead the blood of Jesus over me.  You do NOT have to be a slave to any disorder!!!!!  Grasp this concept, because this was the way that I was able to beat it for good!!!!

It really does sadden me that Robin Williams did not have the correct tools to battle this ugly disorder.  I have been on both sides of the spectrum so I can somewhat relate to what he was thinking and how he felt that he had no way out.  I do not know the severity of the depression he faced, or what was going on.  If you are battling with depression understand that you are NOT alone!!!!!  Talk about it with a trusted friend!!!  Do not hide it and suffer anymore with it  because things get worse when you do not deal with them!!  Jesus wants EVERY single burden you carry, and that includes depression!! He went to the cross so you do not have to carry it on your own!! Surrender to him today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment