Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Big Announcement.....


After long thought, I have decided to delete my social media!!!  I will explain in this blog post on why I have come to this decision.  At the current moment I have "Facebook" with my husband, we have a "Facebook Page" for our ministry, I have  "Twitter", and I have "Instagram."  There are two areas that I am going to keep and I will explain why in this post.
For the longest time "technology" has always rubbed me the wrong way.  I see how hungry our generation is for the latest gadget and how much technology consumes people.  I see it ruin relationships, friendships, etc.  I see true intimacy has been lost in our generation, and people are so quick to rely on technology.  I am constantly reminded of this when I go somewhere and I see every single person with their head buried in their cell phone.  I remember the days when people had to sit and actually say hi, and talk with one another.

 Everyone can now know everything in someones life and they never even have to talk to them or say hi.  I remember the day when you had to pick up a phone and actually ask how the person is doing, and what is new in their life.

 Technology has increased so much and it has done amazing things, but all I am seeing is it consuming people and taking over.  Whenever I am at the park with my children, I see parents on their phones and never watching their children.  I see relationships get ruined because the "tone" gets lost in technology.  People are so quick to get offended and hold grudges.  I am taking my name off my page that I have with my Husband.  It will now just be his facebook page.  I have decided to delete our group page "Young Couples/Singles" on facebook.  I have also decided to delete my "Twitter" account.  I am keeping my Blogger Account: Katy-Katyrose.blogspot.com and my Instagram Account: KatyRoseTrains.  I have had my Blog Account from the very beginning, and stuck with it.  Before I even started a Blog, I would write my posts on paper and save them.  My passion is in my Blog and that is where I am able to truly share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am able to go in-depth on how Jesus is Real, and what he can do for you when you make him Lord and Savior.  On our facebook ministry page, it loses that intimacy to where it limits me to only posting a paragraph and a picture.  It truly limits me from sharing the gospel, and here on my blog account I am able to empty out my heart and share fully.  I recently got an Instagram account and have dedicated that page to my Training and Physical Fitness.  I like the fact that I can dedicate that account to my training, and show my entire journey.  It helps hold me accountable and I am able to see my transformation over time.  I get inspired by others that are working out that I follow on Instagram and it really helps me in my training.  I feel like I am part of a "runners club" and I can talk fitness with others that are  interested in things that I like.
This has been a long time coming for me, I just needed confirmation, and I got it last night.  I understand that people will continue to be consumed and obsessed with social media and new phones, products, etc.  But, I will NOT be one of those people.  I will  not be one of those Moms at the park with their phone in their hands.  I will not be one of the couples that will be on their cell phones during dinner time or at restaurants.  My family will know true "quality" time.  My kids will understand that they have my UNDIVIDED attention.  Yes, I understand that I will not be "cool" and not know the latest breaking news.  I am 100% ok with being singled out!!  I will be able to fully focus on my blog, my training, my family, and my bible.  Those 4 areas are the most important to me, and I want to ALWAYS make sure they stay a priority and don't get lost in the shuffle.  I really admire my Mother because she is "old school."  My Mom doesn't have any social medias and doesn't even care to learn about them.  It reminds me that there are still people who are genuine and like face to face contact.  I have known couples who will be next to one another, and be texting one another instead of talking.  I have vowed that I will NEVER be one of those people.  I know people who cannot go one day without their technology.  They feel so emotionally connected and must know the latest updates!!!
I wanted to make this announcement because I like to explain the reason behind my actions.  I do not look down on people who love their technology, this is a personal decision on how I feel and something that I am standing by and choosing.  If you would like to get in contact with me, then you will either have to follow my Blog or Instagram account or actually call me.  For myself I am taking a stand and in my life there WILL BE person to person contact.  The simpler the better for me.  I liked the way things were back in the day!!  I cannot control what the world is doing, but I can control what I do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment