Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Most Favorite Scriptures

Some of my Most Favorite Scriptures…..


        These scriptures I rely on in good times and in bad times. 

Ephesians 6:10-18
        Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people
(This scripture was my favorite when I first started reading the bible, I claimed this one and it gives me strength and authority)




Psalm 139: 1-24
        You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain.

 7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to you.

 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.

 19 If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
   Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
   your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, LORD,
   and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
   I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
   test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
   and lead me in the way everlasting.

 (This scripture makes me remember who I am from the very beginning and that God knew me before I even accepted him.  This scripture I claim over my son and will remind him)
Acts 16:31
        Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household.
(This scripture I literally stand on and declare it because I want everyone in my “inner circle” to be saved and born-again.)
Proverbs 22:6
        Start children off on the way they should go,
   and even when they are old they will not turn from it
.
(My husband and I have made an agreement that we are raising godly children no matter what and this scripture we will declare)



Genesis 18:19
        For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing righteousness and justice, so that the LORD may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.
(This I declare over my husband and how he is going to lead our son.)

Proverbs 18:22
        He who finds a wife finds what is good
   and receives favor from the LORD
.
(My husband declares this scripture between him and the Lord.  He knows he has favor with the Lord because God found him a wife J)
1 John 1:9
        If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
(This scripture was given to me in a life/death moment from a priest, and this has stuck with me ever since)
John 3:16
        For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
(This is the example of TRUE LOVE)
****These are just a few of my top scriptures that I remember and use a lot.  The bible is filled with so many so it is hard to narrow it down, when it is all truth you can’t just pick some of it.  When you are alive in this world and there is nothing but lies surrounding you, wouldn’t you want to grasp the only real true thing in this world???  The Bible is the Way and the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment