Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Just Dance


I wanted to share something on my blog that I have never shared before on here.  My blog is usually on Faith and Fitness posts, but today it will be about dancing!!  I wanted to write a post and share our experience on taking dance lessons for the first time.  My husband and I are always looking for new things to do with each other.  I decided to research dance classes near the area because in the past my husband and I talked about taking dance classes together.  I was able to locate a dance studio named "DanceForever."  I spoke with someone on the phone and they let me know when class sessions started and how much they would be.  We decided to do a 6 week session and learn Salsa Dance.  The price was very reasonable and it was scheduled for Monday Nights for one hour 7pm-8pm.  My Husband and I were excited and nervous because we didn't know what to expect.  We walked into the studio and it looked like something from "Dancing With The Stars."  The dance studio was very clean and it seemed to sparkle.  They had dance costumes set up in one area, and a sitting area in another area.  All of the instructors had a smile on their face and were more than happy to help us with any questions we had.  Dance class started at 7pm and we got to meet our instructor.  He began explaining the history of Salsa dancing and told us the basic steps we were going to learn in the 6 weeks.  He would first show us a demo of the step that we were going to learn for the night, then he would break it down in small steps.  The "leaders" were on one side of the room, and the "followers" were on the other side of the room.  He would go over the leaders part several times with them, then he would teach the followers.  We learned the "count" for the very first time in class. (1,2,3...5,6,7)
We then got to practice the dance with each other and at the end of the lesson.  At the very end of class our instructor let us film him so we could practice the step at home.  I was pleasantly surprised on how simple they were able to break it down for us.  I thought I was going to be lost during the entire 6 weeks, but they made it so easy to learn.  


We just finished our 6 weeks and we finally were able to put all of the steps together.  We now have more confidence in our dancing, and we love practicing the dance together.  It is so much fun to be able to move with one another and be in step with each other.  Carlos is Venezuelan and has danced before to salsa, but I never had the opportunity to learn Salsa.  I have always loved Spanish music and would always make up my own dances, but now I can actually do a legit Salsa Dance.  


The Dance Studio told us they have "Friday Night Dance Nights."  They teach a dance lesson at 7pm then from 8pm-10pm they have an open dance for everyone.  We were excited to check this out, so we made sure to get a babysitter, so we could at least check out Dance Night.  We arrived at 7pm and they were teaching "Tango."  I was very excited to learn this dance because it is such a beautiful and romantic dance.  I love how dramatic the music is, and how both people move as one.  I was surprised how fast the hour flew by, and before I knew it, we were both doing the tango.  As of right now, this was my favorite style of dance.  I loved doing the "Fan."  


Open Dance started and they would announce different styles of dance.  The instructors are there as well, so you have the opportunity to dance with the instructors.  They moved throughout the night between different styles of dance.  We very much enjoyed Friday Night Dance and would recommend it to others.


We are somewhat sad that our 6 week class has officially ended, because we looked forward to it so much.  We are now going to be looking into taking "Private Dance Lessons" with the Instructor that taught us Salsa.  We loved the way he taught us, and how simple he made it.  Every teacher has their style, and Carlos and I liked the way he taught us.  We are excited to see what other styles of dance we can learn.  Dancing is such a fun activity to do with one another, and it honestly brings you closer as a couple.  


We are so thankful that we found DanceForever and we would not dance at another studio.  This is now our dancing home, and whenever we want to dance, we will always come here.  We would recommend it to everyone in the area.  We honestly believe you will feel the same warm welcome that we did.  We are planning to film a short video of us dancing Salsa and also Tango.  I wanted to put the information to the dance studio that I keep mentioning.  I will put their link below and that way you can view their dance calendar and see what they have to offer.

Here is the link to their webpage


Here is the link to their facebook group page














No comments:

Post a Comment