Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Preparation....



There comes a time in our life where we come face to face with a circumstance/battle/situation and we are faced with.... "How Well Did We Prepare?" 

Many times in life things come up and we find ourselves shocked or at a loss of words because we were not expecting it.  There is so much wisdom in the Word of God about this particular topic.

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. -Matthew 6:34

We are supposed to focus on one day at a time.  Many times we have the fear of the unknown and plan ahead in advance of what could or could not happen.  We have to remember that we have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.  (2 Timothy 1:7)

When I first started reading the Bible I started in Ephesians and fell in love with this verse: The Armor of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. -Ephesians 6:10-18

This Bible verse painted such a visual picture for me, and I could truly envision the spiritual battle that takes place in the Heavenly Realms.  It made me understand that day in and day out, we are in a battle and it is not in the flesh.  There are things happening behind the scenes that we cannot see, and we must be bold with our faith walk and speak the word of God and take captive of every thought that presents itself against God. 

Now I have been an athlete my whole life and I know a couple things here and there about Preparation.  I understand that practice is key. It is important to put in the work, work hard, and to never give up.  I have always been the type of player that stayed late after practice to train a little bit longer, or work on an area of weakness that I was struggling in.  In the Bible this is no different.  We must read, study the Word Of God, and then walk it out.  This faith walk is one step at a time and it is a privilege.  We get to be an ambassador for Christ Jesus and we should not take that lightly.  I understand that each morning we are to get our minds "right."  We are to "put on" the mind of Christ Jesus and get dressed properly in our spiritual armor, because we have no way of knowing what is going to come our way for the day.

I want to be properly dressed, and ready at ALL TIMES!!  I do not want the enemy to catch my off guard, or by surprise.  I remind myself of who I AM IN CHRIST JESUS and that God never leaves me or forsaken me.  We cannot control what happens to us, but we CAN control on how we act during our situations and circumstances.  Will we have the peace of God in the middle of a storm?  Only YOU can answer that.  God's peace is there for the taking, but many walk alone and choose to do everything in THEIR strength.  I don't know about you, but I want to be prepared in ALL circumstances.  The battle has already been WON and as believers, we ALREADY walk in victory.

Many times I see so many believers with their heads hanging low, and they look defeated.   RISE UP!!! Jesus lives IN us, and we can do ALL things because HE will equip us and give us the strength we need!! 

So I want to close this post with these questions: Are you properly dressing yourself spiritually each morning?  Is the peace of God a priority on your list?  Can you quote the word of God when a situation arises?  It is time as believers to Fight and Walk this life out in Victory and be Prepared as an ambassador of Christ!!










No comments:

Post a Comment