Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I AM Amazing....



I know the title of this blog post got your attention.  You could first be thinking.....hmmmmm "Is this woman conceited or what?"  Please take a few moments and read this blog post and see the REAL meaning behind this title.

I honestly believe with my whole heart that we can be our own worst critic.  We can judge ourselves the hardest, and guilt trip ourselves like no other.  We believe that things apply to every single person besides ourselves.  We have doubt and fear and struggle to find out our purpose and identity.  I myself have struggled with this in the past, and I have gotten better, but I find myself still coming across this obstacle in my life.  I have always been known as an energetic person.  From the very start of grade school all of my teachers would always tell my parents that I ALWAYS had a smile on my face.  I get excited about the smallest things in life because I believe that living life is all about the small details and little things.  I set goals to keep myself motivated, and I am always trying to better myself.  I am CONSTANTLY a work in progress!! :)  Can any of you identify with this?  Or am I the only one?  :)

It took my a long time to find my identity of who I was IN Christ, and I still struggle with it today.  I find myself constantly learning, and failing at things, only to find myself dusting off my knees and trying again.  I never give up on anything because as long as there is still breathe in my lungs, then I am ALWAYS going to find a way.  This blog post was inspired from the day I experienced yesterday.  I am a Stay- At- Home- Mother and my day is constantly filled with chores, errands to run, playing with my children, cooking meals, changing diapers, etc.  Yesterday was different though, and I found myself saying something for the first time in 30 years.  I had to wake up early and make a long list of phone calls because there was an issue with our insurance company.  I was on the phone all morning, and I remained peaceful because I knew that as long as I do "my" part then God will do "his" part.  As soon as that was done, I knew that I had to pray about it, and called my Husband to let him know what we needed to be in prayer about regarding this issue.  I then got my daughter situated with breakfast and dressed her, and we headed off for some light grocery shopping.  We then came home and I fixed her lunch and began to do some deep cleaning.  I cleaned the floors, drawers, trash, vacuum, etc.  I then laid my daughter down for her nap, and then my Husband came home to drop off a princess bed for our daughter because she has decided to become a ninja baby at night, by escaping her crib. After that it was time to go get little man from school, so we got him home then I carried the entire new bed upstairs to our daughters room.  I got tools out to break down her crib and took care of that.  I then had to re-arrange her entire room for the new bed, and put that together.  After that was done I did laundry and fixed the kids an early dinner and they watched a movie.  It was then 5:05pm and I finally was able to sit down for the first time that day.  I literally ran the entire day through my mind and said out loud "I AM Amazing!"  This was the first time in my life that I have ever said that about myself.  I then started to ask myself why has it taken me this long to ever say that?  My husband daily edifies me and builds me up, and I have family members that encourage me.  I also have close friends that lift me up as well.  Why couldn't I say that or believe that about myself?  I started to get the answers to my question and began to understand why.

I grew up desperately seeking attention from my Father and started to be insecure and have low self esteem at a young age.  I then went through a rebellious period to where I had nothing good going on in my life, or to say about myself.  I then was in an abusive relationship (physically and verbally).  I have struggled with being a "people pleaser" and being obsessive compulsive.  I reminded myself that IN Christ ALL OLD things have passed away, and I am a BRAND NEW CREATION!!! I have the DNA of Christ!! God Almighty is MY FATHER and he has loved me and accepted me this ENTIRE time!! I realized that the enemy has been deceiving me and I haven't taken care of myself properly with speaking LIFE over myself.  I am ALWAYS lifting others up and speaking LIFE towards others, but haven't been doing it to myself.  I need to stop being such a harsh critic on myself, and understand that Jesus accepts me for me as I am right at this very moment!!  I need to be proud of the Woman I have become!! I need to be proud of the Wife that I am!! I need to be proud of the Mother that I am!

Then it came to me...... I wonder how many other people struggle like this as well???  I knew right then and there that I needed to write a blog post the very next day and that the title should be: I AM Amazing!  I want to let you know that YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!


I want to encourage you to BUILD YOURSELF UP, NOT DOWN!!!  Understand that you are accepted in Christ, and loved!! You are UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED!!!!  Jesus died for you, and if you were the only person in the entire world, you were worth dying for!!! You ARE fearfully and Wonderfully made!!! God makes NO mistakes!!!  God took his time creating you and giving you YOUR traits!! It is time to hold your head high and STOP calling yourself negative things.  YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!!!  You have the STRENGTH IN CHRIST JESUS!!!  God can make beauty from ashes!!! Your past DOES NOT dictate your future!!!  I want you to say out loud: I AM AMAZING!!!!  Do not wait 30 years like I did.  Tomorrow I turn 31 years old, and I actually look at it as a brand new start for me.  I am really going to focus on how I speak about myself.  I pray that this blog post really gave you insight and understanding.  I pray that you have had revelation and wisdom from the Holy Spirit!!! God Bless, KatyRose

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH6JmwsRhS0

No comments:

Post a Comment