Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Gabriel's "Walk-A-Thon"

As a parent, I am amazed that Gabriel will be doing his first "Walk-A-Thon" on February 20th 2015.  I am so incredibly proud of him, and I find myself holding back tears as I write this blog post.  Our little man is 4 years old and is in Pre-K.  I wanted to write this blog post to give some insight on who you would be helping if you were to make a pledge for him.

Let me introduce you to Gabriel


Some of Gabriel's passions in life are: Cars, Trucks, Diggers, Bulldozers, Mixers, Planes, Chicken Nuggets, French Fries, Sweet Tea, Cookies, Disney Movies, Truck Shirts, His Blankie, Singing Songs, Going To Parks, Helping His Sister, Cuddling With Mommy And Daddy, Riding His Blue Truck, Going On Walks, and Praying To Jesus.

I also wanted to give a short back story on how much of an impact "Walk For Life" has had on me as a Mother.  I will give a brief short story here, if you would like to read more in depth there will be a link to a blog post I did awhile back and you can click the link and read more about my story.

I struggled with depression/suicidal thoughts during my pregnancy with Gabriel.  Mentally I was not in a good state and it was one of the scariest things I have had to experience in my life.  I knew there was a bigger picture going on, and it was Jesus fighting for the life of my baby.  I did have thoughts of considering abortion, and I was scared on what to do.  After months of struggling, I decided to keep Gabriel and on October 6, 2010 I gave birth to a 9lb baby boy.


 I am so thankful to the Lord for keeping a close watch and a hedge of protection around me and my baby boy.  I know Gabriel has a BIG purpose for the Lord and will lead many people to the Kingdom of God.  Carlos and I started a tradition in our family and every year we do the "Walk For Life."  After Gabriel was born we did our first "Walk For Life" and it was beyond anything I had ever experienced. Here Gabriel was in a stroller with us as we decided to take a stand for babies and to be Pro-Life!!  As I took my first step, tears began to stream down my face.  I couldn't believe how I almost robbed his precious life, and I was so deeply in love with what the Lord did for my son.  It was truly a dream to have Gabriel by my side and to dedicate the walk for him and for his little soul.  
(If you would like to read more about my story here is the link)
http://katy-katyrose.blogspot.com/2013/05/walk-for-life-2013.html


I hope this blog post inspired you and I was so happy to take the time to introduce my son to you and explain my story.  Below is his pledge page.  If you feel Holy Spirit led to make a pledge, we would greatly appreciate it.  Little Gabriel is so excited to do his first "Walk-A-Thon" and with your support and pledges he would be able to do so.
https://secure.eventsonline.us/events/getmovingcrew/pledgeprofile.php?gmc=54cfacd80815a





No comments:

Post a Comment