Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Gabriel Receives His First Award!!!

My Son Gabe started preschool recently, and he received his first award today at the ceremony.  They have this rally for grades Pre-K-5th grade.  Gabe has been in school just under a month and he has already earned an award!!! I am one proud Mother and so happy for him!!!  This is something he achieved on his own!!  From Birth I have had to help him do everything, and since he has started school he has become his own person to where he does things for himself and this award he earned all by himself!!! The award was received for "On Task."

It was a chilly morning today and the award ceremony started at 8:45am.  Rafa and I went to the ceremony and made sure to sit in the back because I didn't want Gabe to see me, and I didn't want to distract him.  I was VERY impressed with how many people came.  They started off with the Pledge of Allegiance and my eyes teard up when I heard "One Nation Under God."  God has been squeezed out of everything lately and to hear this being said at my Son's school made me so happy.  Then they sang "America The Beautiful" I again started to tear up because it was overwhelming to hear all of these beautiful little voices sing out and in one accord.

They then started with the ceremony and they started off with Preschool.  I made sure to get to a good place to where I could videotape and I was ready.  They announced one child's name and the next name was Gabe's.  They announced his name and I yelled out a big "Whooooooooooooo" (and I was told to wait to cheer at the end) haha.  I wanted my little man to know that I was proud of him and that I was there rooting for him, so I do not feel bad for my outburst. :).  They finished calling the rest of the children and they all stood on stage while everyone cheered for them and then they sat down.

I got video and pictures and it was so cute to see my little man on stage. I did run up to him afterwards to tell him "good job."  I then left quick because Rafa was getting fussy and I wanted Gabe to continue on with the rest of his day at school.

I am one proud Mother and I already bought a frame and decorated it, so when he gets home today, we will put it in the frame and hang it in his room!!!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment