Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LENT

2/22/12
                Today starts Lent J  I am proud to say that I have made several choices to give up and I really feel that this will bring me closer to God and His Will.  I have deleated my facebook account, which this is a great decision because I usually do check it daily especially when I get home from work and if I can’t sleep then I would just play on it because I was bored.  So here I could be doing something else valuable with my time instead of wasting it on the web playing on facebook.  I also have given up trash/reality tv.  For the most part I try and avoid it but once in awhile there will be nothing on tv and I catch myself watching it and I can hear myself making comments about the people I am watching, so here I am judging people. Most importantly I am spending more time in Gods Word, I want to become closer to the Lord and I want to hear him speak directly to me and through the Word about what he wants me to do.  I have always been in and out of the bible, and I want to seek God daily in his word.  So by eliminating the facebook, and trash tv I now have time freed up for bible reading and this will be time WELL spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment