Katy Rose

Katy Rose
JUST A WOMAN SAVED BY GODS GRACE AND WANTS TO WRITE ABOUT IT.

Sunday, August 2, 2015

BIG NEWS TO REVEAL....



It is official!!! I have just signed up for my First Marathon!!!  I literally just got back from vacation and as I began to get back into my schedule and "routine" it came to me that I needed to sign up for a Marathon.  There was only one exception though, it could not be just anywhere, it had to be some place memorable and special.  I knew the New York City Marathon was out of the question because I put my name in the raffle and I didn't get picked.  So the next best thing was.... Disney World!!  I looked online and found out that they are having their Marathon through all of the Walt Disney Parks in January 2016.  I jumped on this opportunity right away, and signed up!!  The adrenaline rush of actually committing to a Marathon and knowing that I will endure a grueling training schedule to adapt my body to 26.2 miles of running.  The thought of making this the "norm" for my body gives me butterflies.  I am going to be putting all of my updates with training on my Instagram fitness account at: KatyRoseTrains


I will also be explaining in depth on my exact plan of action and I will give some insight in this blog post.  For those of you who followed my Half Marathon training and updates, you know how detailed I explained that process.  I honestly want people to feel like they are training with me, and hopefully inspire others to run as well.


I found a 16 week Marathon Training Plan that would work best for my schedule.  I will be posting it below on this blog post.  I will also be doing Weight Training 2xs a week.  I plan on sticking to a daily routine of what I eat on a daily basis.  I really want my digestion system to get used to a plan so my stomach will not have any issues on Race Day.  I will continue taking my vitamins and of course hydrating with plenty of water.  A new thing I am going to incorporate into my training is heavy stretching.  I am going to do deep stretching before each workout for 10 minutes and after each workout do 10 minutes.  I want to be smart about my training and make sure I stay injury free. My 16 week training plan will start September 1, 2015 and I will follow it for 4 months.  As of right now, I am using the month of August to start slowly running, and start doing my Weight Training to get my muscles used to this new routine.  My body usually reacts heavy after introducing something new, so I know after doing weights I will need to take a couple days off so my muscles can repair themselves.  So, I am honestly using the month of August as my "Prep Workout Month."

 
I am excited for this journey, and anybody who knows  me personally knows how Outside of the Box this is for me.  For me to run a Half Marathon was mind blowing, and to now be training for a Marathon, feels like an out of body experience for me.  Stay tuned to my
Instagram: KatyRoseTrains for updates.  Below is my fitness plan!!! Enjoy!!!


Here is my 16 Week Training Schedule



Here is My Weight Lifting Plan





Here are some Tips:


Here is some HIIT:








No comments:

Post a Comment